Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 61

Thread: Upload my stuff!!!

  1. #31
    Inactive Member deviantdee's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 13th, 2004
    Posts
    1,966
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I don't think 'shit' singers are unchangeably
    shit, they just lack a bit of training, that's
    all. I used to be chronically untrained (by this
    I mean: well, as long as me and my friends think
    I sound OK, that's all that matters) until I
    started recording in Italy...

    Two weeks of: 'Flat. Again.' 'Again.' 'Flat.
    Again.' Soon sorted out whatever pseudo-ego I had
    built up about my voice. Thinking back, I was
    fucking crushed at the end of it. Did me good
    though (what doesn't kill me, and all that
    cobblers).

    I also play bass, but I don't call myself a bass
    player, I call myself someone who can play a bit
    of bass. Doug Wimbish and Melvin Brannon are
    bassists, I'm just someone who can fuck about a
    bit.

    --

    I didn't think the F&L was that bad, it's just
    the vocals and the vocal melodies needed tempering
    a bit, because they were all over the place.

    D.

    <font color="#FF0099" size="1">[ November 10, 2005 01:58 PM: Message edited by: Deviant D ]</font>

  2. #32
    Inactive Member Carl I.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    June 25th, 2003
    Posts
    4,786
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    See, and that is now my main goal. I fully wish to call myself a guitarist. This is why my playing has changed so drastically and I am teaching myself how to play all over again, and this time doing it properly.

  3. #33
    Inactive Member deviantdee's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 13th, 2004
    Posts
    1,966
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Cool.

    And don't worry mate, you'll be able to tune it
    and everything, one day. We'll have you playing
    'Smoke On The Water' quicksticks - you just see
    if we don't. [img]smile.gif[/img]

    D.

  4. #34
    Inactive Member Carl I.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    June 25th, 2003
    Posts
    4,786
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    The most overrated guitar riff ever right there. God, how I hate that damn song. Pretty sure a monkey could write that riff his first day with a guitar.

  5. #35
    Inactive Member deviantdee's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 13th, 2004
    Posts
    1,966
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    There'll be a boyband version one day, a big ol'
    Britney Spears-sized production budget, and
    it'll be huge, and it'll be a global number one
    for months, and that's probably the day the music
    dies, with the convergence of so much crap.

    Although... [img]graemlins/wonder.gif[/img] there's probably going to
    be a lot of money in it for someone...And I'm sure
    Deep Purple could do with the royalities...mmm.


    D.

  6. #36
    Inactive Member Gav Ruadh Hallion's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 18th, 2003
    Posts
    356
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Nice to hear what you've been up to at least!
    Gotta admit "World You And I" is one class song!
    Just listened to it three times in succession. Really like the vocals on that one! Nice and raspy, like you been on a whisky and cigarette diet! haha
    The interplay between the guitars is nice too.

    Doing anymore anytime soon?

  7. #37
    Inactive Member Carl I.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    June 25th, 2003
    Posts
    4,786
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I'm always playing and writing in one way or another, but as of right now I am learning how to use these damn music programs on my computer so that I can go that route, as much as I hate to. But I can't get a drummer, so I am going the way of many, and using a computer program. [img]graemlins/gulp.gif[/img]

    I hope to have stuff pretty much as soon as I learn how to use this crap. So...anywhere from a week from now to...never. [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

    Thanks for the compliment, especially since it was for World. That song never gets praise from people, and it has always been a fave of mine.

    <font color="#FF0099" size="1">[ November 10, 2005 03:26 PM: Message edited by: Carl I. ]</font>

  8. #38
    Inactive Member andy69's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 16th, 2004
    Posts
    2,124
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by Carl I.:
    Damn, sorry about that Stacey. Yeah, the Multiply site is up and going and getting kind of fun. I might be hating dear ol' Andy up there for finally getting me to sign up on this thing.
    <font size="4" face="Arial">Hey ya know ya lovin it!
    I just realised.... It's a great way to hear some original stuff by the likes of people on this forum. There's no corporate record company bullshit hindering us, listening to each others songs here LOL. I'm sure we'll all find some gems here as we already have from Carl.
    Hey Carl how about posting some pics too if ya haven't already?

    Come on the rest of ya get busy and join in!
    [img]biggrin.gif[/img] [img]wink.gif[/img]

  9. #39
    Inactive Member Carl I.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    June 25th, 2003
    Posts
    4,786
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I got one of my guitars posted in the pics area. I will be posting stuff from my first bands days tonight, and a recent picture of me.

    Andy, you need an ass kicking for this one. I've had other people tell me to join, but for some reason I ran with your telling me to. Now I am spending tons of time on there.

  10. #40
    Inactive Member andy69's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 16th, 2004
    Posts
    2,124
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hey carl you got me in stiches here [img]biggrin.gif[/img] .... But at least yer enjoyin yer self. Hey thanks for the fine comments you made about me in your opening journal [img]wink.gif[/img]

    What's that noise...???!?! Oh shit it's me alarm clock.... It's woke me up just as I was dreamin about Thailand too! LMFAO [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •